The Zoom application regularly provides new versions of the Zoom desktop and mobile application to release new features and fix bugs, so it should be updated periodically to the latest version when it is available to receive the best video and audio experience, but what is the update method, dear reader, to know how to update the Zoom program, follow us.
Table of Contents
Update Zoom on Computer
There are two ways to update Zoom on your computer:
In order to update the Zoom desktop app for Windows, macOS, or Linux, follow these steps:
- • Zoom provides a pop-up notification when there is a new mandatory or optional update within 24 hours of logging in.
- • If you already have the Zoom desktop client installed, check for updates.
- • Log in to Zoom desktop.
- • Click on your profile picture and then click Check for updates.
- • If there is a newer version, Zoom will download and install it.
Note: If the desktop client was installed using the MSI installer by you or your IT team, automatic updating will be disabled by default, and the “Check for updates” button removed, so please contact your IT team or Zoom account administrator for assistance with the update.
You can also download the latest version manually by:
- • Click on Download Zoom.
- • Or download the latest version of Zoom directly from one of the following links:
Note: If you choose to postpone your optional update, you’ll be prompted to update only the next time you sign in.
Update Zoom from Zoom
Zoom releases updates frequently, however, the Zoom app on your computer doesn’t update itself automatically, so manually check and apply updates regularly (update in the app and not on stonybrook.zoom.us). If you have problems updating Zoom, create a ticket.
For Windows 10 and later
- • Click the Windows icon in the taskbar.
- • In your Apps list, scroll until you reach the Zoom folder.
- • Click on the Zoom folder.
- • Double-tap Start Zoom to launch the app.
As for Windows 8 and earlier
- • Click the Windows icon in the taskbar.
- • Click the down arrow in the lower left corner to access “All Apps”.
- • Scroll to Apps until you see Zoom, then tap Start Zoom.
- • Look for the Finder icon.
In the Dock
- • Right-click the icon, then click the New Finder Window.
- • In the new window, click Apps, find zoom.us in your Apps list and double-click the icon to launch the app.
- • Once you open the Zoom app, log in to the Zoom app, using SSO/NetID (or log out and back to make sure you’re logged in with SSO).
- • Click your photo/initials in the upper right corner, and click Check for updates
(For some, but not all, Zoom updates, the zoom app will display a banner indicating a new version is available! update at the top, so tap Update in that banner to update)
Update the Zoom application on Android
How to update Zoom app on Android?
If you are using an Android mobile device, you can use this link that will take you directly to the Zoom app page in the Play Store, once you reach the page, you can click on the update icon at the bottom of the Zoom icon to start updating your app.
- • Alternatively, you can also open the Play Store directly on your mobile device and tap on the hamburger icon in the upper left corner of your screen.
- • Then select “My Apps & Games”.
- • You will then find all the available updates for your device, scroll down and find the Zoom app and tap “Update” next to it to start the update on your device.
The Zoom app will now be updated to the latest version on your Android device. You can confirm that it is Zoom 5.0 or later by clicking on “What’s New” and scrolling down as shown below.
Zoom app update for iPhone
How do you update your Zoom app on iPad and iPhone?
Updating the app on your device is a fairly simple process. Open this link on your device and you’ll be automatically redirected to the app store on your device, but if the app is installed on your device, just tap the update icon next to the app name to update it.
• Alternatively, you can also open the App Store on your device, and tap on your profile icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
• Now scroll down to find Zoom under the “Available Updates” option, and once you find it, simply tap “Update” next to the app icon to start the update on your device.
• If the app is not installed on your device, you will see the option to install instead of update, then tap Install to get the latest Zoom 5.0 update on your device, but make sure you have the Zoom 5.0 update by scrolling down in the What’s new section and checking the version as shown below.
You should now be updated to Zoom 5.0 on your iOS device.