This guide will tell you how to find your iPhone if it is locked, as well as how to use Lost Mode.
If you need to know how to track your iPhone’s whereabouts, using the Find My app to locate your iPhone is the easiest way.
If you have enabled the Find My iPhone feature in the Settings app on your device, you can use the Find My app to locate the lost device, even if it is turned off or the battery is drained.
Here’s how to find a stolen or lost iPhone whether it’s offline, locked, or even if Find My iPhone isn’t installed on your device.
You may be worried if you lose your device, but even if your phone runs out of battery or Wi-Fi and data are turned off, you can still usually find your iPhone and Apple’s Bluetooth Locator feature will help you locate your iPhone offline as long as your device is on.
Even if the battery runs out, finding your iPhone is as simple as tracking the last known location of your device and we’ll use iCloud and Find My to find your phone.
Set up the Find My app
Enabling Find My iPhone is important to be able to find your device by tracking iCloud location, and you can find your phone if you enable Offline Find in Settings.
So it’s very important to adjust the iPhone finding service settings in your device before you lose it.
With Send Last Location turned on, you’ll be able to know where your iPhone is before the battery runs out, so there are many ways to locate your lost device and do it:
- Open the Settings app.
Tap your name at the top.
Select Find My
- Turn on Share your place if you want some friends or family members to be able to see where your device is.
Select Find My iPhone
- Turn on Find My iPhone.
- Turn on Find iPhone Offline.
Turn on Send Last Location.
How to find the iPhone even if it is locked or offline through the iPad
Does Find My Phone work if the phone is switched off?
Yes, but you won’t be able to see the location at the moment and will use the Find My app on iPad to locate your iPhone.
If your device is switched off, you will be directed to the last place where your device is before the battery runs out, and if the iPhone is offline and not switched off, Find My will locate your current phone using nearby Apple devices.
Steps to find a lost iPhone:
- Open the app on your iPad.
- Tap the Devices tab.
- A map will appear showing your app-enabled devices
- If your device is turned off, it will appear on the map and sidebar as a device with a blank screen
- If your device is turned on, it will appear on the map and sidebar with an active home screen.
- Select your iPhone from the list of devices.
- Tap Directions to get to where your device is
- If your iPhone is offline and unlocked, you can tap Play Audio to help you locate it.